Last updated January 1st, 2024
Preql, Inc. (together with its affiliates, and/or related companies – collectively, "Preql", “we”, “our” or “us”), uses certain web monitoring and tracking technologies, such as cookies, beacons, pixels, tags, and scripts (collectively, “cookies”). These technologies are used to maintain, provide and improve our website and platform (the “Services”), to optimize our offerings and marketing activities, and to provide our visitors and users (“you”, or “your”) with a better experience.
1. What are Cookies?
Cookies are small files containing a string of characters that are stored through the browser on your computer or mobile device (for example, Google Chrome or Safari) when you visit a website. You can think of cookies as providing a so-called memory for the website, so that it can recognize you when you come back and respond appropriately.
Cookies may be set by us (first-party cookies) or by third party providers who work with us (third-party cookies), either for the duration of your visit (session cookies) or for longer periods (persistent cookies). The length of time a persistent cookie stays on your device varies between cookies.
Please note that our access and control over such third-party cookies, beyond the scope of our Services, is limited and subject to such other websites, services and providers’ own terms and policies.
You are not obligated to accept all cookies in order to visit our website, however, enabling cookies may allow for a more personalized browsing experience and is required for most of our Services to work.
2. HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
Cookies, both first and third party, are typically categorized as one of the following:
- Essential/Strictly Necessary Cookies: these cookies are necessary to provide you with our Services and cannot be disabled.
- Preferences & Functional Cookies: these cookies are used to enhance the functionality and personalization of our Services. Without these cookies, certain functionalities will not be available.
- Performance & Analytics Cookies: these cookies are used for gathering analytics data on how you interact with our Services so we can improve their performance accordingly. Without these cookies, our ability to better ourselves and improve your and others’ experience will be reduced.
- Targeting & Advertising Cookies: these cookies are used to make advertisements more relevant to you. Our advertising partners may use them to learn about your browsing habits (including your visits to our Services, the pages you have visited and the links and advertisements you have clicked) and other unique identifiers that may help identify you and your interests, in order to retarget you and serve advertisements that are relevant to you (for example, if you look at one page on our Services, an advertisement may be delivered to you regarding our Services on other sites, for products referenced on that page or for similar products and services).
To learn more about the specific cookies we use and how we categorize them, please click the ‘cookie settings’ button available on our website’s footer. You can always withdraw your consent to the use of non-essential cookies by re-opening the settings and modifying your selection.
Our use of functional and analytics cookies aims to monitor, study and analyze the use of our Services and how we can improve individuals’ user experience, to continue improving our offerings and the overall performance of our Services; and to explore and pursue growth opportunities by facilitating a stronger local presence and tailored experiences.
Our use of advertising cookies aims to facilitate and optimize our marketing campaigns, ad management and sales operations, and manage and deliver advertisements for our products and services more effectively, including on other websites and applications.
We may combine non-personally identifiable information collected through cookies with other personal data that we have about you to improve your user experience, for example, to tell us who you are or whether you already have an account with us.
We may also supplement the information we collect from you with information received from third parties in order to enhance our Services, or to offer you information that we believe may be of interest to you.
4. How Can You Control Cookies?
Except for Essential/Strictly Necessary Cookies, you have a right to decide whether to accept or decline cookies. Where required by applicable law, we will not set non-essential cookies unless you enable them (opt in). When first visiting our website, you may encounter our cookie banner, which allows you to control your cookie preferences. Depending on the location from which you are browsing and the respective applicable requirements, you can change your cookie choices anytime by clicking the “Cookie Settings” button available in our website’s footer.
Most browsers have certain cookie control features (usually located in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your browser), which will (depending on your browser settings) allow you to decide how to handle each new cookie in a variety of ways, provide you with the ability to delete all cookies that are already on your computer and to prevent cookies from being placed.
You can also change your mobile device settings (e.g., iPhone, iPad, Android phones) to control whether you see online interest-based ads.
Please note that any such changes may result in you having to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
In addition, most advertising networks offer individuals from the United States (“US”) (www.aboutads.info/choices), Canada (www.youradchoices.ca/choices), EU (https://youronlinechoices.eu/) or UK (https://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices) a way to opt out from the collection of their data by advertising partners who participate in the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance (and the European Digital Advertising Alliance). This does not opt you out of being served advertising entirely as you will continue to receive generic advertisements.
5. What is the Google Analytics Cookie and how is it used?
Our Services uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”) which is based on cookie technology. The information generated by the cookie is usually sent to and stored in a Google server in the US. On behalf of Preql, Google will use the generated information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities, and to provide the website operator with additional services connected with website and internet use. The IP address transmitted by your browser in connection with Google Analytics is not collated with other data by Google. We have also taken measures to anonymize such IP address and to limit its retention period by default. Further information about the privacy practices of Google Analytics is available at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. Further information about your option to opt out of Google Analytics is available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
6. “Do Not Track” Signals
Your browser settings may also allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites. While we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from a browser or mobile application, you can manage your cookie preferences, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them, through your browser settings and our cookie banner as instructed above. Please note, however, that disabling cookies may complicate or even prevent you from using the Services. To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, you can visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
7. Opt Out Of Sale/Sharing For Targeted Advertising
Under some US data protection laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), our sharing of certain internet activity and device information with third parties through cookies may be considered a “sale” of personal information or “sharing” of personal information for targeted advertising. We do so in pursuit of the commercial purposes described in section 3 above.
For the purposes of the CCPA, in the last 12 months we have "sold" or "shared" (for targeted advertising) Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information, Geolocation Data, and Commercial Information with our analytics and advertising partners.
You may opt out of all cookies that may result in a “sale” and/or “sharing” of your personal information for targeted advertising in the following ways:
- Click the Privacy settings link located at the footer of our website and check the box next to “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information”, then click the “Save My Preferences” button. Please note: If you visit us from a different device or browser, or clear Cookies, then you need to return to this screen to re-select your preferences.
- Set the Global Privacy Control (“GPC”) for each participating browser system that you use to opt out of the use of third-party Advertising Cookies (instructions on how to download and use GPC are available here).